Sunday, January 18, 2009

There comes a time when all i want is comfort food. Now folks have differing ideas on what comfort food is. Like when I asked the husband what his idea of comfort food was (which surprised me that he had never heard that expression, WHAT????) he said that for him it would be pork, sauerkraut and mashed potatoes. Well I can go with the mashed potatoes, but not by them selves and certainly not with sauerkraut...(not one of my favorite things AT ALL!!!!). So I made the final decision and tuna noodle casserole won out. Hey I also have to feed the monkeys and they aren't that fond of sauerkraut either.. So I looked for something that would be a little different and once I again, I turned to the Crockpot Lady. She has a great recipe for making this in the crockpot.

Crockpot Tune Noodles
2 cans tuna in water, drained
1 pound pasta (I used shell pasta-I would NOT use egg noodles)
10oz frozen mixed veggies
2 cans cream of whatever you prefer soup
2 C milk
1C shredded cheddar cheese
1C crushed tortilla chips

Spray your crockpot with cooking spray.

Add the dry noodles into the crock, and mix in the soup, milk, cheese, and drained tuna.

Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours. This will cook fast so make sure you watch it. Mine was done in 2 1/2 hours on low.

30 minutes before serving time, stir in frozen peas, and make sure the crunchy pasta on top gets moved to the bottom of the crock. Top with chips and extra cheese, if desired.

This was good, It was a bit startchy and I think I would personally add another can of tuna and some salt. It was kind of bland, but the overall affect was so good and comforting that I really couldn't pass it up. It's even good as leftovers (which is what I had for lunch today after church).
HAPPY EATING!!!!

4 comments:

Nana said...

What???? YOU don't like sauerkraut and mashed potatoes!?? I have a great one at Nana's Kitchen. Pork Roas w/ sauerkraut, apples and onions. It can be a crock pot meal if you want it to be. I'm w/ hubby on that one. Your other recipes look great too. Have a great Sunday.

Rebekah said...

Yeah i'm nota fan of it-can't even stand the smell of it!! But your recipe sounds good and I'm sure the husband would enjoy it, so i'll try it the next time I make it for him!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Stephanie said...

Sauerkraut as comfort food? Well, to each his own. I'm on your side - tuna noodle is much more comforting! :-)

MaryBeth said...

Just the smell of sauerkraut makes me ill, I really don't like it. The tuna looks very good, I could go for that.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin