Friday, January 16, 2009

Indonesian Chicken

A long time ago I dated a guy who was Indonesian. While visiting him once his mom (who was British and not at all Indonesian) made this glorious dish. I've been trying to find one similar to it ever since. And that's been about 10 years now...(boy how times flies!) So when I was looking through this website, I found one that looked like it would come close. So I figured why not try it and see how it would go.

Indonesian Chicken in the Crock Pot
Chicken pieces-enough for 4 people
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (I omitted this since I don't like spicy food)
1/3 C pnut butter (I used crunchy)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
brown rice

Add peanut butter to crock pot and turn on to melt. Once it's started to melt add other sauce ingredients. Add extra to taste (I think I added extra soy sauce and sesame oil). Stir to combine and let it melt together.

Add chicken (mine was frozen and it worked out ok-no need to thaw unless you just want too). Stir to coat the chicken and cover and cook for 6-9 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high. The longer this cooks and/or sits the better it is.

Keep an eye on the crock pot and stir every so often so the peanut butter doesn't burn.

Serve over rice and enjoy.

I really loved this dish and it reminded me of the one that was made so many years ago. So thanks for posting it Crockpot lady!! I appreciate it!
I may try it next time with a little less peanut butter, but otherwise it was yummy!!!!!

HAPPY EATING!!!!!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin