Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sweet and Sour Mango Shrimp

Oh boy this has been a crazy week. We've been trying to get everyone back into school, work and schedules. So nothing really exciting food wise has been done. I do apologize for that. But I am starting this week fresh beginning with tonight. I recently went to a doctor's appointment and have to start watching what I eat a little better than what I have been. (Darn those holiday goodies!!!!!)

So here's my first of many new "healthier" posts. I hope you enjoy!!

Sweet and Sour Mango Shrimp
2 tbsp sesame oil (veg oil is fine if you don't want to invest in the sesame oil)
1 bag 3 pepper and Onion blend (in the freezer section of the grocery store)
1 large carrot, shredded in food processor
1 1/2 pounds med sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 large mango, diced
1/2 C sweet and sour sauce (in the Asian section of the store)
brown rice

In a large skillet (or a wok) heat oil and add veggies. Saute for about 3-4 minutes until tender. Add shrimp and cook another couple of minutes until pink. Add mango and sweet and sour sauce. Cook until heated through.

Serve over rice.


This was just sweet enough and super yummy. I seriously could have eaten the whole thing. Very satisfying too with the brown rice.

HAPPY EATING!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin