Friday, January 2, 2009

Andes Thin Mint Fudge

I love fudge. In fact I think just about everyone in my family loves fudge!!! There are so many varieties and so much you can do with a basic fudge recipe.
I was in the grocery store one afternoon (typical afternoon activity) and I found Andes Mints baking pieces. I bought them knowing that I would find something scrumptious to make with them. I originally thought about cookies, but I think this was a much better idea!
In our church family we signed up for Secret Santas. So I decided to make some fudge for our Santa family. And while making it I thought that mint fudge would be divine. So I took out the andes mints. And here we are!!!! While making the fudge I added some of the pieces into the mix and they melted leaving a minty yummy taste. Then topped the fudge with some more. I even have a few left over for cookies later on. I'm so excited!!! I just hope my Santa family enjoyed eating this as much I enjoyed making it.

ANDES THIN MINT FUDGE
1 pkg baking semi sweet chocolate
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 bag Andes Thin Mint baking pieces

Line 8 in square baking pan with foil and let the foil drape over the edges of the pan.

Microwave chocolate and milk on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until completely melted. Add vanilla flavoring and half of the mint pieces.

Spread into pan and top with additional mint pieces. Refrigerate 2 hours or until fudge is firm.
Use foil handles to lift fudge from pan and cut into squares.

HAPPY EATING!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin