Monday, August 18, 2008

Tricked out Mac N Cheese


Our family loves all things mac n cheese. So I like to play with it every now and then so it's not the same thing over and over. Tonight was no different.
Here's what I did. (you can always half this recipe for a lunch instead as a side for dinner)

2 boxes mac n cheese
2 tbsp butter
milk for mixing in the cheese packet
1/4 C favorite BBQ sauce
6-8 slices of bacon crumbled
white onions finely chopped for topping (opt)

Cook mac n cheese like it says on the box. In the mixing stage add the bbq sauce and the bacon. Serve topped with the onions and enjoy!!

The bbq sauce gives it as extra little edge and makes it super yummy! Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I love dressing up mac n' cheese! I usually just do a can of chili, or tomatoes or something like that. I like your idea of barbecue sauce, or sour cream. Will have to try that!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin