Sunday, August 24, 2008

Taco Night Casserole

I saw this orginally on my pal Valerie's blog. I couldn't resist making one too. Thanks for the idea!!!
I tweaked it a bit but the basic idea is there. We had this for dinner last night.

Taco Night Casserole
16 oz elbow macaroni
1 pound hamburger (or you could use soyburger if you want to go veggie with it)
2 tomatoes, diced
6 oz cheddar cheese (or Monterey jack-whatever you like)
1 can black beans, drained
1 medium onion, diced
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 can tomato soup

Cook beef and onion, and drain. Add the taco seasoing to ground beef mixture, mix well.
Meanwhile cook the macaroni for about 7 minutes, until almost done. It will continue to cook in the oven. Drain well.
Add, tomatoes, beans, soup and hamburger to the macaroni. Mix to combine. Put in a 9X13 pan and top with the cheese. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Additional toppings could be:
more cheese
salsa
olives
green onions
sour cream
chips

We served ours with chips on the side. It was really yummy and this recipe makes ALOT! Be prepared for tons of leftovers!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I wish I had some of that right now.
I'm going to make this.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin