Sunday, August 24, 2008

Chicken Casserole

Yummy! I found this in my 101 Ways to Use Mac N Cheese cook book. I tweaked it a bit to make it my own. Here's what I did:

1 box white cheddar mac n cheese (use regular if your store doesn't carry the white)
2 C cooked chicken cut up
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small can mushrooms
1 C cheddar cheese
10 oz frozen mixed veggies of your choice
1/2 C milk ( I used powdered milk-hooray for food storage items!)

Cook mac n cheese noodles until slightly al dente. Cook the frozen veggies at the same time. 6-7 minutes. Drain completely.
Mix chicken, soup, milk, mushrooms, cheese packet from box and veggies. Pour into casserole dish over macaroni. Mix together.
Top with cheese. Place in a 4oo degree oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin