Sunday, October 26, 2008

Stew Beef

Happy Sunday. Hope everyone has had an enjoyable weekend. We still have a sick child so ours has been mostly taking care of him.

This dinner is once again done in the crockpot. I love crockpotting on Sunday. Get it ready, go to church, come home, and dinner is done. It's great!!!!
Today was our primary program (where the children of our church do the entire main program) so as a teacher I had less time than I normally do on Sunday. Very stressful, so this meal was perfect for a day like today.

It's not your mother's stew beef. At least not my mom's. With a tomato base it's very takes the ordinary out of the normal stew beef.

Stew Beef
2 pounds of stewing beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (4.5 oz) can mushrooms (I did not use mushrooms because there is an anti fungus policy at my house-even though I love them-I've been outnumbered)
3 large carrots, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp distilled white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

In a crockpot place all ingredients and stir until the brown sugar and seasonings combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.

We served this over mashed potatoes but thought it would be really good in a bread bowl. We also served this with some crusty whole wheat french bread.



HAPPY EATING!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin