Friday, October 17, 2008

Crock Pot Mac N Cheese

Happy Friday!! I hope everyone had a great week!! I'm SO glad it's Friday. It's been a really long week.

For dinner tonight I decided to break out the crock pot. I don't use it very often and I felt that now that the weather is starting to cool off a little (at least in other parts of the world but not so much here in AZ) I should start to use it. Makes it really feel like the holidays and that cooler weather is upon us when I see crockpots being used. So here's a family friendly, yummy, ooey-gooey mac n cheese that even your pickiest eaters are bound to love!!!



Crock Pot Mac N Cheese
10 oz elbow macaroni noodles
16 oz velveeta cheese
1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
1 1/2 C heavy cream (can use regular milk if you don't have heavy cream)
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg (yeah, weird I know, but it brings out the flavor in the cheese)
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese for topping

Cook macaroni 10 min or until al dente. Drain.

In a large bowl mix cooked macaroni, cheese, evaporated milk, heavy cream, eggs and seasonings. Transfer to a crock pot sprayed with cooking spray. Top with extra cheese (optional).

Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or until mixture is firm and golden around the edges. DO NOT REMOVE cover or stir the mixture until it has finished cooking. Just before serving top it off with the bacon.

Serve warm, 6 servings.




I really hope you enjoy this! Have a great weekend ya'll!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin