Thursday, October 2, 2008

Saucy Chicken and Pasta

Last night for dinner I found this yummy recipe on the KRAFTFOODS.com email that I get occasionally. I don't have a picture of ours so I'm posting the picture from the website. Of course I changed ours up a bit due to what I had on hand and what I knew my kids would eat. It was really good!



4-6 small boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 onion, thinly sliced, separated into rings
1 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth (I used homemade stock but feel free to use the store bought kind)
1/2 cup KRAFT Classic Caesar Dressing(I used fat free dressing)
1 cup mozz. cheese, shredded.
8oz egg noodles, cook to package directions

HEAT large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 min. on each side or until cooked through (165ºF).

ADD vegetables, broth and dressing; cover. Cook on medium heat 6 to 8 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Cook until sauce reduces and is thick.

SPOON vegetables and egg noodles onto platter; top with chicken, sauce and cheese.


The sauce was so good that you could make it on it's own and top just about anything. I hope you enjoy it!!


Tip: make you own homemade stock, boil up chicken , beef or veggies with spices your family likes, when cool put the liquid into ice cube trays and freeze. You have perfectly portioned stock for whatever you need.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin