Monday, April 27, 2009

Tuna Noodle Casserole

I love comfort food. There just something about it's ooey, gooey, goodness that pulls me in every time. So I decided one day last week that we needed tuna noodle casserole. I tried it once in the crockpot and it was good, but this time I just wanted to do it the old fashioned way. So here it is: all ooey, gooey and good, I mean yummy!!!

Tuna Noodle Casserole
1- 16oz box pasta (i used corkscrew pasta)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
1 can's worth of milk
1C shredded cheddar cheese
2 cans tuna, drained
1-12oz bag frozen mixed veggies
saltine crackers crushed (a couple of handfuls)

Cook pasta just under al dente according to box. They will finish cooking in oven and nothing is worse than mushy noodles.

In a bowl add soup and milk and mix until creamy. Add frozen veggies and tuna. Mix well. Add pasta and fold in. Place in 13X9 in baking pan. Top with cheddar cheese and crackers. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes, until heated through.

Serve wtih salad or whatever your family likes. This was really good and super creamy. I just love tuna noodle casserole. :O)


HAPPY EATING!!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin