Monday, April 13, 2009

I was looking through pictures and realized that I hadn't posted in a while. So sorry about that. I guess I have been a little too focused on Easter and all that goes along with that. I hope everyone has been well. I have a couple of super yummy recipes for you. I hope you enjoy them! One has been around my family since I was little and the other one I came up with on a whim and wanted to do something a little different with our dinner.

Sloppy Joe Bundles
1 pound ground beef (can use turkey, chicken, whatever you like)
1/2 bottle favorite BBQ sauce
1C dehydrated onions
1/2C dehydrated carrots
20z velveeta cheese
1/2 pkg. puff pastry dough


Let dough thaw on counter. In the meantime brown and drain off ground meat. Add bbq sauce, onions and carrots and simmer until dehydrated veggies are plump, around 15 minutes or so. Add cheese and allow to melt completely.

Once dough is pliable, roll out and cut into 6 squares. Roll those out and place a dollup (I seriously didn't measure it) onto the middle. Dampen edges with water and fold up like a little package. Repeat until all meat mixture is used. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Keep and eye on them. You want them golden brown, but not burnt on the bottom. Some ovens may vary. These were good and so easy to make. The kids even loved them which surprised me. I figured they take one look and say that it was too wierd to eat (my kids are strange like that! haha). But they were a big hit!! We served these with homemade onion rings. Yum!!!





Now for dessert. I made the bundles a few days ago, but this dessert I made yesterday to take to our friends for dinner. It's really easy and it makes A LOT!! This makes a double batch and unless you want them really thick (which I did) you can halve the recipe and it will still be perfect!! Normally if I make them for just us I will do that, but these needed to feed about 13 people yesterday so I just made them really thick! They were a HIT especially with the 10 and under crowd!!! These were a favorite of mine growing up and I hope you get much enjoyment out of them!!!

Peanut Butter Fingers
Cream together: 1 C margarine
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
Blend in: 2 eggs
2/3 C peanut butter (I used crunchy since that's what I had on hand)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Stir in: 2 C all purpose flour
2 C oatmeal

Spread in 2 13X9in greased pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 min (because mine were so thick I baked them for 35 minutes). Sprinkle top with 12oz pkg of chocolate chips. Let stand 5 min and spread evenly. I used white and milk chocolate chips along with some colorful sprinkles. These would also be really good with the peanut butter/chocolate chips.



And here's a picture of the kiddos after finding eggs in the back yard. The Easter bunny came to our house twice, once to leave baskets and then he came while we were at church and hid eggs. It was a great day!! Hope yours was just as wonderful!!

5 comments:

teresa said...

Ooooh, they both look so good! I'm glad you had a good Easter!

Melody said...

Both those recipes look great and I am a huge fan of onion rings! Looks like the kids had a fun egg hunt. So cute. Glad you had a nice Easter!

MaryBeth said...

The kids look adorable, I love both dishes.

Nana said...

Those look pretty darn good. The recipes look good too. ha ha

Very cute kids.

Leslie said...

Hoppy Easter to you as well!!
I love your creations!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin