Monday, May 11, 2009

Waffles

Now here's something that would be perfect ANYTIME!!!!
I treated myself to a waffle maker about a month ago.

And not a week has gone by that we haven't used it. Today was no different. Normally I've been using a biscuit mix to make them, but today tried a from scratch recipe. They were good, but I think next time i'll add some cinnamon or some other flavor's to it. I found the original recipe on ALLRECIPES.COM

Best Waffles
2 1/2 C all purpose flour
1/2 C cornstarch
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 eggs, seperated
2 1/2 C milk
2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp veg. oil
2 tbsp sugar

Preheat waffle iron.
In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl mix together egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and veg. oil. Blend into flour mixture to form batter.
In a medium bowl, whip egg whites with sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into the batter.
Spray waffle iron with Pam or lightly brush with oil. Ladle batter in and cook until golden brown.


These were really good!! Perfect for just about anytime you have the craving!! You know you are on to something when the kiddies prefer these to mac n cheese for lunch!!

HAPPY EATING!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

You gotta love homemade waffles. I make a big batch and freeze them for the kids.
My Joy of Cooking cookbook has the best ever butter milk waffle recipe ever!

teresa said...

Waffles are fantastic aren't they! These look great!

Elyse said...

What a wonderful treat to create for yourself. I love waffles!! Sorry I've been away from blogging/commenting for so long. I just finished up with my exams and am finally getting around to my google reader :) Everything looks delicious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin