Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dinner from way back in the brain...

The other night I was trying to figure out what to do with dinner. I knew what the menu suggested for the evening and what we had on hand, but unfortunately, no one wanted any of it. So I had to get creative. This is was I came up with.


Cheeseburger Roasted Potatoes

4-5 large potatoes, cubed and roasted at 400degrees for 45 minutes
2 ounces velveeta cheese
1 pound ground beef
2C shredded lettuce
2 tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp ground mustard
1/4 C ketchup
sliced pickles (optional)

While potatoes are roasting, brown ground beef and drain. Mix in mustard and ketchup along with the velveeta cheese, letting it melt.

Once potatoes and beef mixture are ready, place potatoes on plate and top with lettuce, beef mixture, tomatoes and pickles.

This was an interesting try out. I'm not sure we'll make it very often but it was like eating hamburgers and fries all at once-without the excess bread. It was interesting and everyone ate it, the husband even went back for seconds.......if you try this let me know what you think?




HAPPY EATING!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It looks really interesting, something I'd really enjoy while not pregnant - I get major ground beef aversions, but under normal circumstances I'd definitely try it and probably like it! :-) Cooking experiments are always so fun.

Elyse said...

Mmm, these cheeseburger potatoes sound amazing! Total comfort food on a plate. Deeelish. It's been stressful with exams lately, so I may just have to make these as a pick-me-up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin