Monday, February 23, 2009

Lasagne in the Crockpot and Yummy Cookies

For Sunday dinner we had a craving for lasagna. So I gathered up the stuff to make it and once we got home from church I threw it in the crock pot. Lucky for us we get out of church early enough that I didn't have to worry about it before hand. Here you go, the best way to make lasagna.

Crock Pot Lasagna
1 box regular lasagna noodles
1 jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
4 C shredded mozz cheese
2 C corn
1 bag fresh spinach
1 container ricotta cheese
1 pound ground beef
1C dehydrated onions

Brown ground beef with the onions. Drain. Add sauce. Spray inside of crock pot with cooking spray. Once warmed through ladle a small amount on bottom of crock pot. Place noodles and layer ingredients. Continue with layers until crock is full. Layer them in whatever way you like. Once finished with the layers rinse out the sauce jar and pour that water/sauce mixture over the top. Top with the rest of the cheese.

Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Mine cooked for 6 and came out PERFECT!!!!! I was really worried that the noodles in the middle might not be done, but this whole this was perfect. I was in serious amounts of heaven with this and had 2 helpings because of it. The down side to cooking it in the crock instead of the oven is that the cheese doesn't brown on top, but we were ok with that. It was divine!!!



Afterwards, we got the cookie bug. So I whipped up these gems.

Cinnamon Chip Cake Mix Cookies
1 box yellow cake mix with pudding
2 eggs
1/2 C veg oil
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 C cinnamon chips

Mix ingredients and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. Mine cooked for 9 minutes and were perfect. These are not going to be crispy, they are very chewey and really hit you with the cinnamon after the first bite. The husband thinks I need to start selling cookies....I guess that means he liked them! They really are scrumptious and were a BIG hit with everyone! Now if I just had some ice cream.......

HAPPY EATING!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Melody said...

I like the spinach added to the lasagna. Yum! I just received my Yoplait giveaway box. Awesome! Thank you so much!

MaryBeth said...

Everything looks great...but when does it not.

Nana said...

Mmmmm. Crock pot Lasagna!!!!!!

American Homemaker said...

I've thought about doing lasagna in the crockpot, but I wasn't sure how it would work :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin