Monday, February 23, 2009

BBQ Chicken in the CrockPot

I've been using my crock pot a lot more lately. I'm falling in love all over again.
This time I decided to throw some veggies, chicken and bbq sauce and in the crock and let it cook all day while we cleaned out the garage and ran errands. I love the ease of this, I really do!!!

So here's what I did.

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 bottle favorite bbq sauce
1 bag frozen corn
generous handful of baby carrots
2 med zucchini's, chopped
1 C dehydrated onions (from food storage YAY!)

It's ok if your chicken is still frozen. Mine was and it turned out great.

Dump all ingredients into your crock and cook on low for about 6 hours. The chicken will be super tender and the veggies will be yummy. Serve with brown rice or mashed potatoes. We did brown rice and added cheddar corn muffins (from the box mix-top with a handful of cheddar cheese before tossing into the oven).

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin