Sunday, February 15, 2009

Baked Hawaiian Calzone

My favorite pizza is the Hawaiian pizza. I love the contrast of the pineapple with the ham and sauce. When I was little I never thought it sounded good, those things all together just didn't sound right, but once I tried it I fell in love with it. So here is a calzone that should be tempting to you if you like that kind of pizza. Super easy to do also!! And you could susbstitue just about anything on the inside. Make it your own!

Baked Hawaiian Calzone
1 bag pre-made pizza dough (I used the whole wheat version from Trader Joe's)-it's enough to make one pizza
1 can pineapple chunks
1 package Canadian bacon for pizza (small circles)
favorite spaghetti sauce or marinara sauce
2 C mozzarella cheese


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Roll out dough to a good size rectangle. Place topping on, start with bacon, then pineapple, then about 1 C worth of sauce and top with cheese. Roll up making sure that the ends are sealed up and place seam side down. Cut slits in top to vent or it might explode all over the pan. :O)

Bake for 30 minutes or until dough is nice and brown. You can do an egg wash to ensure it gets brown, but I chose not to do that since it was whole wheat dough.

Slice and serve with extra spaghetti/marinara sauce.

This was perfect! The kids all dove right into it and it was just enough ooey gooey goodness that made everyone's night!I probably could have eaten the whole thing.
Enjoy!!

HAPPY EATING!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

OMG..this looks so gooey and good.

Meg said...

Looks awesome!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin