Monday, August 10, 2009

Easy Thai Food

I love Asian inspired food. Foods with peanut sauces are at the top of my list. Really yummy!!!!
Here's one that I'll make again and again!! My family wasn't as excited about this as I was, 3 out of 5 liked it, I could've eaten the whole thing! Seriously, it was that good!!!

Easy Thai Chicken Calzones
2 C finely shredded chicken (I used 3 chicken breasts and broiled them in a little salt, pepper, garlic powder and curry powder-not only will it flavor the chicken but make a rad broth for later use!)
1 1/2C shredded cabbage
1/3 C peanut sauce (recipe to follow)
2 green onions, thinly sliced
handful of cilantro, chopped (I didn't measure, just grabbed and chopped)
1 can large biscuits (grands) 8 biscuits in a can

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In meantime mix all ingredients together.

Roll out biscuits to a large round. Put generous spoonful of filling on half and and fold dough over filing.

Press edges to seal. Place on cookie sheet.

Bake 15-20 minutes (I baked mine for 17 and they were perfect). Immediately remove calzones from cookie sheet. Serve warm with any extra peanut sauce for dipping.

Peanut Sauce
1/2 C peanut butter
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 teaspoon white sugar
2 good dashes curry powder (more or less depending on your taste).
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 C water

In a small bowl mix all ingredients except water. Gradually add water until it becomes a smooth consistency.

*I ate the leftovers for lunch today and they were just as good as they were last night!!! So yummy!!!!! 8-11-09)

1 comment:

Melody said...

I've never seen anything like this. It looks so good! And dipped in peanut sauce...YUM!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin