Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blueberry Muffins

My mom made these all the time while I was growing up. They were always perfect and yummy!! Now I make them for my family and they are a HUGE hit with them. Always makes me think of my mom even though she's on the other side of the country!


Blueberry Muffins
1 1/2 C self rising flour
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C margarine (softened)
1 egg broken into measuring cup and mixed with enough milk to make 1 C
1C fresh or frozen blueberries (barely thawed if frozen)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In medium bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg-milk mixture and stir (DO NOT BEAT) until all is moist. Fold in blueberries. Fill 12 greased muffin tins about 2/3 full (i used some silicone heart shaped baking cups, but use whatever you have). Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove to tacks to cool slightly. Serve warm.


150 calories per muffin (just in case you were curious)


HAPPY EATING!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Melody said...

The hearts turned out cute. These look so good AND kid friendly! YUM!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin