Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cheesy Chili Mac

This was really good. 3 out of 4 of us ate it. Not sure why the other one didn't. It was really good, I had a hard time eating my one portion of it!! Yum!!!

This was originally a WW recipe, but I tweaked it with what I had on hand.

Cheesy Chili Mac

29 oz can diced tomatoes in juice (do not drain)
chili powder to taste
cumin to taste
1 pound ground hamburger
1/2 C fat free cheddar cheese, shredded
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 C ketchup
1C cabbage, chopped
1C spinach, chopped
1 can corn, drained
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 1/2C uncooked macaroni (I used shell mac because it's what I had)

In a medium skillet brown beef with onions, bell pepper, spinach and cabbage.
Cook until meat is browned and veggies are soft. Drain excess grease.

In another pot cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain. Add tomatoes and their juice, corn, ketchup, beef mixture and spices to taste. Heat through. Spoon into bowls or onto plates and top with cheese.

This yields about 1 C chili and 1 tbsp of cheese per serving and it serves 8. This made enough (obviously) that we could put the leftovers in the freezer for another night! I love meals that do that!!! Less cooking later. I'm always excited about that fact!!

Points for this meal are 7 per serving.

I must say again, how good this was. As for spicy, this wasn't because we don't like spicy food, but hey, if you love it, add more chili powder. I thought it was perfect!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin