Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fresh Black Been Salsa

Last night we went to a good bye party for a friend who is heading out to TDY at Ft. Hood. (for all you non-military folk TDY is temporary duty). He'll be gone for 2 1/2 months. So his wife through a little party for him. She asked everyone to bring something. So I made some fresh black bean salsa. The only problem with it was that I accidently grabbed the original Rotel instead of the mild. Soooo it was a bit spicey, for me anyway. The husband thought it was great. I ate a bunch of it, but paid for it later by having to sleep sitting up. Oh well, it was totally worth it. So yum!!!

Fresh Black Bean Salsa
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans Rotal (mild unless you like it spicey), drained
1 roma tomato, cut up
1/2 red onion, chopped
a bunch of cilantro (use as little or as much as you like, me likey a lot so I added more than the average person probably would have)
2 green onions, chopped
2 generous squirts of lime juice



Mix everything together except green onions. Place in bowl and set in fridge for 2 hours. Just before serving top with green onions. The longer is sits, the better it gets!

YUM!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY EATING!!!

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

My husband is a salsa freak..... he would love this and a big bag of chips

Melody said...

Salsa is one of my many weaknesses! Looks awesome!

teresa said...

mmm, i want a big bag of chips to dip into this!

Nana said...

That looks like it would totally be worth it!!! I will be giving this one a try.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin