Monday, June 1, 2009

We invited some friends over last night for a BBQ. We decided to grill up some ribs that I had gotten a killer deal on. And once I started getting them out of the package, they looked more like steaks than ribs. They were HUGE!!! I definitely got my money's worth out of this meat! Oh the things I'll be able to do with the ribs that are left!!

BBQ Ribs
how every many ribs you need to feed your family (the package I bought was 9lbs worth)
favorite BBQ sauce

boil the ribs for about 20 minutes. top with bbq sauce and grill for about 8 minutes on each side. top with additional sauce as they cook and when you eat them.
These were DELISH!!!!! And did I mention how big they are? I was only able to eat 1, so we have lots of left overs.

I also made a pasta salad. It was really good and made a ton!! Here you go:
Pasta salad
16 oz elbow macaroni
2 C fresh cut up broccoli florets
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
3/4 C dehydrated carrots, reconstituted
2 C fresh baby spinach, cut up
1/2 red onion, diced
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 bottle roasted red pepper and parmesan vinaigrette salad dressing
1/2 C sharp cheddar cheese shredded.

Cook pasta according to package. Blend all ingredients and chill. The longer the better.

HAPPY EATING!!!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I love a good BBQ!

teresa said...

Sounds like a very delicious bbq, I love ribs!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin