Monday, June 15, 2009

Salisbury Steak

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted anything! HUGE apologies. I've really been baking, just forgetting to take pictures and post anything. I'll do better this month!!!!!!
Here's a fun meal I made for Sunday dinner. It was really good and VERY filling! Even the kids ate it which was HUGE in itself. Enjoy!!

Salisbury Steak
2 lbs ground beef
1 pkg stuffing mix
1 medium onion, chopped finely
2 eggs
2C water, divided
1 tbsp veg oil
1/2 C BBQ sauce (whatever flavor you like the best-I used hickory honey smoke flavor)
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper

Mix meat, stuffing mix, onion, eggs and 1 1/2 C water until well blended. Shape into 8, 5in patties.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add patties. Cook 6 minutes on each side or untilt hey are cooked through and golden brown on each side.
Drain fat.
Combine bbq sauce and remaining 1/2C water, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Pour evenly over patties, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover. Cook an additional 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is heated through.


I did the sauce and then poured it over each steak. There are some in the house that didn't want theirs smothered. Oh well. It was still super delish!!! :O)

HAPPY EATING!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Nana said...

Sounds good. I have been forgetting to take pics too. It must be Summer.

teresa said...

Mmmm, this looks like the perfect dinner!

MaryBeth said...

OMG YUM.... this looks simply wonderful!!

Cookie said...

Wow this looks great! It reminds me of a very saucy meatloaf! Love it!

Melody said...

This looks great! Meat and potatoes are always a winner in this house.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin