Saturday, March 14, 2009

Me Likey!

I got this award from MaryBeth over at Dunkin Cookin-The Semi Homemade Way. It's so old fashioned and I LOVE IT!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

The rules of the award: Choose at least 8 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show the 8 winners names and links on your blog, then leave them a comment that they too have been given the Honest Scrap award. Then everyone must list at least 10 honest things about themselves.





10 HONEST THINGS ABOUT ME:

10: I'm a huge sci fi geek. I love all the goofy movies and George Lucas is my hero! ;O)

9: When I was little I would sit at the end of my grandmothers table watching her roll out biscuit dough. She would always pinch off the end of the dough and give it to me before finishing. I learned a lot by watching her cook (stillc an't make fried chicken like she does though-the bain to my existence).

8: I love sweets. Especially chocolate. I love finding new ways to make it and eat it. Don't get me wrong, chocolate brownies and chocolate chip cookies are great but a woman needs some variety some times!

7: I am teaching myself to sew. Now that I have a daughter I'm getting really into making her dresses. She'll be better dressed than I am....oh wait.....she already is.

6: I know everything is to know about Scooby-Doo. It drives my husband crazy.

5: I went to college to become a radio dj and would now rather go to culinary school for cake decorating. I'm a closet cake decorator and would someday like to have my own business.

4: I have the best friends in the world, both on line and off.

3: I am an Army Brat and come from a long line of military history, but I have never been in the Army. My husband was though.

2: I secretly want to learn to play the banjo and be in a bluegrass band.

1: I love being a mom to my 3 monkeys.

And now........the award goes to:

1- Priscilla at Priscilla's Baking Adventures
2. Stephaine at Fun Foods on a Budget
3. Nana at Nana's Kitchen
4. Jenny at Picky Palate
5. Mari at Once Upon a Plate
6. Tanya at Sunday Baker
7. Stephanie at A Year of Crockpotting
8. Jennifer at Creative Confectionary

4 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I am so glad that you liked it, I too thought the award made me think of the old vintage Rosie the riveter posters.

Stephanie ODea said...

Thank you, Rebekah for thinking of me.
I LOVE it that you know everything there is to know about Scooby Doo. so very cool.
xoxo steph

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Thank you so much Rebekah~ I'm so honored!! So sweet of you. ((hugs))

I love your blog, your family is beautiful, and it's fun to learn the details ~

Scooby Doo ~ too funny! And you're sewing for your daughter? You are going to have so much fun with that.

I would love to learn some tips from you about cake decorating because I am not adept with the pastry bag!

Thank you again for the award, I'm in shock! xox~m.

Tanya said...

Aww, thank you! You are so sweet and definitely deserving of the award. Your blog is great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin