Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Honey Chicken Stir Fry

This is a really easy stir fry to make and it's really good. Try to use local honey. I've heard that if you have allergies, eating honey that's local is a good way to help alleviate the allergies. So we tried this tonight with some local honey. Honestly I couldn't tell a difference in taste. It's really good though and I hope you'll forgive the lack of photos. My mind was elsewhere tonight (in la-la land probably) and I completely forgot to grab my camera. So you'll have to use your imagination!

HONEY CHICKEN STIR FRY
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (I used thighs)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp canola oil
1 tsp sesame oil (if you don't have it use all canola oil)
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 (16 oz) pkg stir fry veggies (i used a broccoli and pepper mix)
2tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp cold water
hot cooked brown rice

In a large skillet or wok, cook chicken and garlic in 2 tsps oil. Add the honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until the chicken is lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.

In the same pan, stir fry the veggies in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Return chicken to pan and mix well. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth, stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve over rice.

For our family I usually double this recipe. This is best for left overs.

HAPPY EATING!!!!

3 comments:

Nana said...

I hate when I forget to take the stinking picture. Sounds good!

Stephanie said...

I love honey chicken and I love stir fry. Sounds like a great combination! And it looks easy, always a plus.

MaryBeth said...

This sounds so darn good..I wish I had one of your fabulous pics to stare at and drool over. Sounds Great!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin