Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tiramisu

Pudding, there's just something about really good pudding. And if you add cool whip on top of it-oh yeah....it's a hit.
I found this recipe in the newest Kraft food and family Magazine. I had tiramisu a long time ago, but stopped eating it when I found out there was coffee in it (it was a pure shame too because it's so yum!). I don't drink coffee so when I found this recipe that substituted chocolate milk-oh yeah I was in heaven! I needed something to take to our church Christmas Party tonight, so I figured why not give this a shot. I can't wait to dive right into it tonight!!!!

TIRAMISU (with a twist)
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
3 C cold milk
2 pkg (3.5 oz) french vanilla instant pudding
1 tub (8oz) extra creamy whipped topping, thawed, divided
48 nilla wafer cookies
1/2 C chocolate milk
1 large bar Hershey's Dark Chocolate, chopped

Beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Beat in milk and pudding until creamy. Add half the cool whip. Fold in.

Line a 2 1/2 qt serving bowl with 24 cookies. Drizzle with 1/4 C chocolate milk. Top with half of pudding mixture and half of chocolate bar (reserve about 2 tbsp of chocolate). Repeat layers. (You should get 2 layers.)

Top with remaining cool whip and chopped chocolate for garnish. Refrigerate for 2 hours.


And I'm guessing by this picture that people liked it....I thought it was super DELISH!!!!


HAPPY EATING!!!!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I am all over your twisted version, I would love a big slab of it now.

Stephanie said...

I don't drink coffee either, so it's great to see a tiramisu recipe that doesn't use it! And that doesn't use ladyfingers either, I've never bought them because they cost more than I'm willing to spend. Nilla wafers and chocolate milk, now that I can do!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin