Saturday, November 15, 2008

Halloween Candy Cookies

I love Halloween candy but there comes a time when you've had enough. So to help get rid of some of it I decided to put the candy into cookies. So the rest of the candy that we had purchased went into the cookies. Chocolate peanut butter and rice krispie treats candy. Yummy!!


Candy Cookies
2 sticks butter
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C of your favorite chocolate Halloween candy, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream together butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla until well combined, scraping sides of bowl often. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
Add candy. Fold into mixture.

Scoop onto baking sheets and bake for 9-11 minutes. I baked mine at 10 minutes and they were good. This will make approximately 4 dozen depending on how big of a scoop you use.




My husband even thought they were some of the best cookies I'd ever made. So I guess I did ok. Chocolate Chip cookies are not my forte' so I was grateful for the compliment. Since making them, there are only a few left!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin