Friday, September 26, 2008

Pasta Salad

Everyone has their own recipe for a pasta salad. Here is one of mine. We had pack meeting tonight and I took this as my potluck contribution. Sorry, batteries died in the camera before I had a chance to get a picture. You'll have to use your imagination. :O)

16 oz elbow macaroni
2 medium carrots, chopped finely
1/2 red onion, chopped finely
1 bell pepper, chopped finely
2 med tomatoes, chopped
1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 envelope ranch dressing mix
2 big scoops mayo
green onions

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Add pasta to bowl along with veggies. Mix mayo and mix in another bowl and fold into pasta mixture. Top with bacon and green onions.

The longer this sits before you eat it the better it tastes! This is a great picnic or potluck dish. I hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow - a whole pound of bacon? That definitely sounds delicious!!! But of course, still healthy as it has all those vegetables to even it out. :-)

Rebekah said...

yeah-I love me some bacon!! you could always scale back if you wanted to. :O)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin