Saturday, February 27, 2010

Shrimp Salad with Wheat Thins

Today for lunch I wanted something light and easy. We are all running in different directions and for 2 seconds I wanted to be able to sit down and enjoy lunch with the hubs and the kids. Of course they had cheese, ham and crackers for lunch and that didn't sound good to me so I whipped this up. Enjoy! I would recommend letting it sit for a while before eating, we ate ours right away and it wasn't as good as I'm sure it would have been had it sat in the fridge for an hour. I just couldn't wait that long! :)


Shrimp Salad with Wheat Thins
1 1/2 C salad shrimp, thawed
1/2C mayo
2tbsp garden veggie cream cheese
2 green onions thinly sliced
2 eggs, cooked and chopped
1tsp dill seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
parsley to taste
1tbsp dried celery flakes
(pretty much whatever seasonings you like)

mix ingredients and chill for an hour. serve with wheat thins.


this makes a yummy lunch or snack! would also be good on bread as a sandwich. You could chop up the shrimp for a finer consistency, but I left them whole.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin