My mom use to make these on the weekends and I loved it!! So this morning I got a little crazy and whipped these up. It was so worth it, they are ooey gooey and oh so good!!! Enjoy!
Easy Cinnamon Rolls
* 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
* 3/4 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 egg, room temperature
* 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* ground cinnamon
* brown sugar
powdered sugar and milk, mix until thick and top fresh from the oven rolls!
1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture with the sugar, salt, egg and 1 cup flour; stir well to combine. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well with each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Cover with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Lightly grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick rectangle. Smear the dough with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Go as liberally as you want. I love it extra gooey so I put a ton on it. The more the better as far as I'm concerned! :)
Roll up the dough along the long edge until it forms a roll. Slice the roll into 12-16 equal size pieces and place them in the pan with the cut side up. I got about 11 rolls, but I cut them very large so you may end up with more or less depending on how you cut them.
4. Cover pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or cover and let rise at room temperature until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bake rolls until golden brown, about 20 minutes top with frosting.