Saturday, December 19, 2009

Cafe Rio Inspired Cilantro-Lime Rice

I've had this recipe for a while and i'm not sure why I haven't made it yet. But last night I stumbled upon it and decided to give it a go. Boy was I glad that I did. So good!!!!!!! And so incredibly easy that I might just be doing this more, just because!!!! But since last night was taco night I felt it an appropriate side. YUM!!!!


Cafe Rio Inspired Cilantro-Lime Rice
1C long grain rice (I used brown rice)
2C water
2 chicken bouillon cubes (I used beef flavored)
1 tsp butter (I omitted this)
2 cloves of garlic, minced (I used garlic powder)
1 tsp lime zest
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped

In a sauce pan, combine rice, water, bouillon, butter, garlic and zest.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until water is absorbed. Remove from heat.

In a small bowl combine lime juice, sugar, and cilantro. Pour over rice. Eat and enjoy!!

HAPPY EATING!!!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

You had Ed drooling just at the word Cilantro...

Rebekah said...

So glad!! I drool just thinking about it too!!! :O)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin