Broccoli Cheese Mina
4 cups of bite-sized fresh broccoli florets (or one 14-ounce bag of frozen broccoli)
1 small onion, chopped
8 matzo squares
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) cold butter, chopped
2 1/4 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/4 cups cottage cheese
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 green onions, chopped
3 tablespoons water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Boil or steam broccoli and onion until broccoli is bright green and crisp-tender. Drain.
2. Wet 4 matzos (briefly) under running water, then set aside to soak. Matzos should be slightly soft after soaking, but not soggy or falling apart.
3. Butter a large baking sheet. The baking sheet needs to be large enough to place all 4 matzos in a single layer. Use two sheets if necessary.
4. Place the dampened matzos on the greased sheet(s). Top with even layers of broccoli and onion, shredded cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and green onions.
5. In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs and water. Pour slightly less than half of the egg mixture over the broccoli and cheeses.
This was so good! The kids ate it up like it was their last meal. Which surprised me because they aren't huge fans of broccoli. All in all I say this was a HUGE hit and I will be including this into our routine more often!