Today was a scorcher here in AZ. So I decided to do something that wouldn't require a whole lot of kitchen time. Enter the salad and roll for dinner. It was yummy. The red onions in it were a bit strong so maybe next time i'll use about half of what is called for, otherwise it was really good!!
LAYERED HAM SALAD
1 bag of your favorite salad greens (I just used lettuce since that's what I had on hand)
6 medium plum tomatoes (I used a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes)
1 can (11 oz) corn with peppers, drained
2 C cubed ham, cooked
1/4 C red onion
2 C shredded cheese
1 C mayo or salad dressing
1/4 C taco sauce or 1/2 taco seasoning packet
2 tbsp honey
In a large bowl spread salad greens. Top with remaining ingredients except the cheese.
Mix up dressing and drizzle over salad. Top with cheese.
Refrigerate for 3-5 hours.
Knotty Garlic Rolls (these are a no-brainer-so ridiculously easy and quick too!)
1 can refrigerated bread sticks with garlic spread
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut strips in half and roll out until several inches in length. Twist up dough until it resembles a knot. Place on a greased cookie sheet and spread the garlic butter liberally on each piece.
Bake for 13-15 minutes.
My VERY picky eater ate this like it was going out of style. If that means anything. I hope you enjoy it!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
I love, love, love, Monte Cristo sandwiches!! So when I found this recipe I just had to try it. I changed a few things to cater to my family, and the end result was a HUGE success. We had this as a main dish with some veggies on the side. It can also be used as an appetizer.
I hope you enjoy it!
2 tbsp milk
1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
16 thin slices of your favorite deli meat
16 cubes cheddar cheese
maple syrup, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with non stick spray.
- Beat egg and milk until well mixed.
- Unroll the dough, seperate into 2 sections (rectangles), seal all perforations. Cut each rectangle into 8 strips.
- Fold each slice of meat in half and add cube of cheese to each dough slice. Wrap dough around both and seal edges making sure that they are completely sealed.
- Brush top and sides with egg mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cool for 2 minutes, remove from cookie sheet. Dip in syrup if you'd like.
- EAT AND ENJOY