I love, love, love, Monte Cristo sandwiches!! So when I found this recipe I just had to try it. I changed a few things to cater to my family, and the end result was a HUGE success. We had this as a main dish with some veggies on the side. It can also be used as an appetizer.
I hope you enjoy it!
2 tbsp milk
1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
16 thin slices of your favorite deli meat
16 cubes cheddar cheese
maple syrup, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with non stick spray.
- Beat egg and milk until well mixed.
- Unroll the dough, seperate into 2 sections (rectangles), seal all perforations. Cut each rectangle into 8 strips.
- Fold each slice of meat in half and add cube of cheese to each dough slice. Wrap dough around both and seal edges making sure that they are completely sealed.
- Brush top and sides with egg mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cool for 2 minutes, remove from cookie sheet. Dip in syrup if you'd like.
- EAT AND ENJOY