Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bite Size Monte Cristo


I love, love, love, Monte Cristo sandwiches!! So when I found this recipe I just had to try it. I changed a few things to cater to my family, and the end result was a HUGE success. We had this as a main dish with some veggies on the side. It can also be used as an appetizer.
I hope you enjoy it!

1 egg
2 tbsp milk
1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough
16 thin slices of your favorite deli meat
16 cubes cheddar cheese
powdered sugar
maple syrup, if desired

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with non stick spray.
  • Beat egg and milk until well mixed.
  • Unroll the dough, seperate into 2 sections (rectangles), seal all perforations. Cut each rectangle into 8 strips.
  • Fold each slice of meat in half and add cube of cheese to each dough slice. Wrap dough around both and seal edges making sure that they are completely sealed.
  • Brush top and sides with egg mixture. Place on greased cookie sheet.
  • Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cool for 2 minutes, remove from cookie sheet. Dip in syrup if you'd like.
  • EAT AND ENJOY

1 comment:

Laura said...

Omigod, I love Monte Cristos! It is terrible that they don't sell crescent dough in Australia and I'm always needing some!!!!

I wondering if there's a way I could do this without them???

Blog Widget by LinkWithin