Easy Shepards Pie
- 1 pound stewing beef that has been cut into small bite size chunks (or you could use ground hamburger, turkey sausage, etc)
- 1 16oz bag frozen mixed veggies
- 1 1/2-2C left over or freshly made mashed potatoes
- bbq sauce of choice (will only need about half the bottle)
- 3/4 C shredded cheddar cheese (optional for topping)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brown off the meat but do not cook all the way through, It will finish cooking in the oven.
Add bbq sauce to liking and add the veggies (I added them right out of the bag-if you do this cut back on the amount of bbq sauce you use or it will result in a very runny pie).
Place all ingredients (except potatoes) into a casserole dish. Top with potatoes. Top with the cheese and then add some paprika for color.
Bake for about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let sit for about 5 minutes before eating
Best served with biscuits but feel free to eat it with whatever your family likes!!