Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Iron Foodie









Iron Foodie 2010 | Here's Why that will be me:
MarxFoods.com -- Fine Bulk Foods The Foodie BlogRoll

1. Why compete?

I love the idea of being creative in the kitchen. I'm always taking a recipe i've found and tweaking it in a way to make it my own. I've also come up with a few of my own recipes inspired by foods i've eaten and loved. I just love being in the kitchen cooking and baking!!


2. Who's kitchen?

I would love to spend the day in Paula Deen's kitchen. She reminds me of the way my family cooks, down home and from the heart. I would love to be around her and soak up her hospitality and love of cooking and just her enthusiasm for eating what she cooks. I love that!!!

3. What morsel would you swipe?

Probably something desert related. Especially if it's chocolate!!!! Maybe also a pasta dish of some sort. I just can't get enough pasta or desert for that matter!!

4. Childhood in one meal?

Fried chicken, boiled potatoes with green beans, homemade biscuits and corn. This is the meal we ate every Sunday at my grandmother's home. There is no one on this earth (except maybe my mom) that can make the fried chicken like she did. It was one of the reasons I looked forward to seeing my grandmother on the weekends. She was the most amazing cook!!!

5.Mainstream food I can't stand?

Sushi.....I just can't get behind the appeal. I've tried it many times thinking it was just me and I had a block, but I just can't do it. Bleh.....


Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin